Tuesday 21 May 2024

Chiltern Hills Vintage Vehicle Rally 2024

On Sunday 19th I attended the Chiltern Hills Vintage Vehicle Rally in Weedon, Aylesbury. The Chiltern Hills Rally is a classic and vintage vehicle show organised by a group of local volunteers to raise money for local charitable causes. The rally is a well established annual event which enables owners of classic and vintage vehicles to gather together in the Buckinghamshire countryside.

An ariel view of the show (photo pinched
off the Chiltern Hills Facebook page!)

I'm parked up at the show, the sun is
shining and the sky is blue, it's going to
be a good day today.

Keeping me company was this stunning
1963 Ford Falcon Sprint. 

This really was an immaculate vehicle.

I had to do a double take on this 1969
velvet green bay.



I can see my bus from here!







My hairdresser even came along in her
early bay.

Mmmm.. Yes please.


After an hour or so walking around the
show it was time for a cup of tea.

"Aylesbury VW Owners Club" had a club
stand at the show. Here are a handful of
vehicles from their club stand.

"Aylesbury VW Owners Club"

"Aylesbury VW Owners Club"

"Aylesbury VW Owners Club"

For me, one of the best vehicles at the
 show was this gorgeous 1973 Mk.3 Ford
 Cortina 1600GT.

This old 'Tina' really was immaculate. I
would love another 4 door Mk.3 Cortina.










By early afternoon it was time to get out
of the heat and have another cuppa and
 some lunch.

Suzie took the opportunity to get in the
shade and have a nap.


So that was a brief look at the Chiltern Hills Vintage Vehicle Rally. Overall a good show, although the layout of the show vehicles could have been better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment