Monday 3 June 2024

Stonor Park 2024

On Sunday 2nd June, I Joined the Wolfsburg Bus Crew and attended the 40th Stonor Park VW show 2024. The event is organised by the Association of British VW Clubs and as it's 40th anniversary they plan to have an parade of VW's and include a spectacular display of vintage VW's of all descriptions, all set in the grounds of Stonor Park, Henley-on-Thames in Oxfordshire. The 'Crew' had organised a convoy from Beaconsfield Services, to cruise to the show but as the services are about 20 miles form my home, I decided to go straight to the show and meet them there. As luck would have it, as I turned off the main road onto the lane that takes you to Stonor Park, the Wolfsburg convoy was right in front of me!


My bus parked up in the sunshine in the 
grounds of Stonor Park, in the Wolfsburg
Bus Crew's line up.

There was plenty of auto jumble stands
to find that bit you always wanted.

This cracking show always attracts a
huge crowd.

Part of the Wolfsburg Bus crew line up.

Part of the Wolfsburg Bus crew line up.

Part of the Wolfsburg Bus crew line up.

My bay was in good company in the
crew's line up.

Row upon row of bugs.

Lovely looking early bay.

I'm digging those retro strips and the
high stance.

Buggies of all descriptions and styles.

Like the busses, no two beetles are the
same.

Stunning paintwork, gorgeous car.

The blue metalflake paint sparkled in the
glorious sunshine.

The fuel tank of this lovely bug was a work
 of airbrush art. 

Very nice.

Whatever angle I looked at this bug it
just got better and better. 

Variegated gold leaf and beautiful sign
writing.

Racing bugs.

Totally different.

I'd like to see this going off road, I bet 
there's not a lot of places it can't go.

Stunning.

Very, very nice.

Split screens everywhere.

Great variety of splits.

Lovely early beetles.

Part of the Wolfsburg Bus crew line up.

Still looking through the auto jumble.

Part of the Wolfsburg Bus crew line up.

Part of the Wolfsburg Bus crew line up.


So that was a very brief look at the Stonor
Park VW Show 2024. Overall a great show
 that was very well attended. The Wolfsburg
Bus Crew members turned out on mass with
 I think over 30 busses. It was nice to see
some old faces that I haven't seen since the
end of the last show season. There are some
awesome photo's taken by Rich, (who runs
the club), from the show on the WBC
Facebook page, if you can take a look here:
Facebook

The next show on the list is Dubs at the
Park, in two weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment