Saturday 10 August 2024

Beach Dubbin 2024 (part1 of 2)

On Sunday 4th August I attended the 'Beach Dubbin' VW show which is held on Southsea Common in Portsmouth. This annual event has to be one of my favourite shows of the season due to it's location. Southsea Common is on the south coast and a stones throw from the sea. The size of the show, which I think is billed as 'The biggest one day VW show in Europe' and judging by the sheer number of vehicles that attend, I can well believe it!. The variety of vehicles is immense with every type of VW imaginable, from early split screens to the latest T6's and everything in between. 

To see all my other blog entries, go to ‘My Blog Archive’ to the left of this page. Simply click on an arrow for a particular year, then click on an arrow for a particular month, this will then give you a drop down menu for all the blog entries for that month.

Not the best overhead photo of the show,
but you can see how big the show is. I
pinched this photo of the internet but I
think it's an old photo because there 
wasn't any space left on the common this
year.

I drove most of the way down with some
of the 'Aylesbury VW Owners Club'. 

En-route and lovely beetle came speeding
past us.


The queue to get into the show was more
like a cruise around Southsea due to the
 sheer amount of vehicles arriving. I did see
my mate Jimmy in his splitty who was
ahead of me in the queue.

On the entrance cruise I followed this 
gorgeous double cab split screen.

Simon's 7UP single cab looking great in
the show 'n shine area.

Hand painted logos by Stinky Pete's
Signwriting. 

This really is a lovely clean bus.

Hand painted logo by Stinky Pete's
Signwriting.



The start of the Wolfsburg Bus Crew's
show 'n shine line up.





Jimmy's lovely split.



My 1969 bus in the line up.

My bus in the Wolfsburg Bus Crew's
line up at Beach Dubbin. Photo taken by
Janis Vermanis @ jvphotoo



No airbags here, this is how low this van
rides with static suspension. This is the
last of the Wolfsburg Bus Crew's buses
that I photographed, although there were
many more buses in the line up.




The three buses from the Aylesbury VW
Owners Club that I cruised most of the way
down with, at the show with their own
club stand.

I do like a T25 Syncro.


A lovely Karmann Ghia is a perfect way
to end part one of this review. Part 2 of the
Beach Dubbin review will be next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment