Saturday 17 August 2024

Beach Dubbin 2024 (part 2 of 2)

Following on from part 1 of this review... 

On Sunday 4th August I attended the 'Beach Dubbin' VW show which is held on Southsea Common in Portsmouth. This annual event has to be one of my favourite shows of the season due to it's location. Southsea Common is on the south coast and a stones throw from the sea. The size of the show, which I think is billed as 'The biggest one day VW show in Europe' and judging by the sheer number of vehicles that attend, I can well believe it!. The variety of vehicles is immense with every type of VW imaginable, from early split screens to the latest T6's and everything in between. This is part 2 of 2.

To see all my other blog entries, go to ‘My Blog Archive’ to the left of this page. Simply click on an arrow for a particular year, then click on an arrow for a particular month, this will then give you a drop down menu for all the blog entries for that month.

Very nice.


Beetle's of every year attend the show.

Early Beetle's lined up, row after row.



The beach buggy is the perfect vehicle as
the show is only a stones throw from the
beach.






I loved the look of this bus.

Suzie just doing what Suzie does, in my
bus.

The view from my sliding door as I have
a cup of tea, and a sit down

Suzie waiting to go for a walk.

Loved the gold metallic paint and
matching vinyl seats on this buggy.


Huge selection of VW's at the show.

As well as VW's, the show attracts hot
rods and customs, and bikes.

A gorgeous '32, 5 window coupe'.





By mid afternoon, the sunshine and the
fresh seaside air took it's toll on Suzie,
so she took the opportunity to have
a quick nap.

Just a random photo of the inside of my
 bus.



So that was my review of the Beach Dubbin'
show. Excluding the 1000+ vehicles that 
attended there was trade and craft stands
that sold virtually everything you can think
of, food and drink vendors, cool music by
'Eddie Lovebus' aka DJ Gazman, a BMX
display by a world champion BMX rider
and of course the beach and fun fair just
 across the road This is probably my favourite
show of the season, and I recommend you
 to attend this show next year, because you
will not be disappointed.
Check out more photos on the Beach Dubbin
Facebook page here:
Beach Dubbin’ | Facebook

Disclaimer: I do not work for or with Beach Dubbin.


No comments:

Post a Comment