Sunday 25 August 2024

Aylesbury VW Owners Club meet.

On Sunday 18th September I attended the Aylesbury VW Owners Club (AVWOC) breakfast meet held at the Akeman Inn, Kingswood, nr. Aylesbury. This is a monthly meet and I always try to go along to show my support. The club was set up in 2020 to try and get all the local VW owners to travel together to shows and events. The monthly meets allow owners to talk about their VW's and pick other members brains regarding any problems they may have, and of course just to see your mates!. To find out more about the AVWOC check out their Facebook page: Aylesbury VW Owners | Facebook

To see all my other blog entries, go to ‘My Blog Archive’ to the left of this page. Simply click on an arrow for a particular year, then click on an arrow for a particular month, this will then give you a drop down menu for all the blog entries for that month.

My '69 bus parked up at the club meet.

















AVWOC member Perry Watkins brought
along 'Oklahoma Willy' his street legal jet
 powered split screen bus.


Powered by a Rolls-Royce Viper 535
turbo jet engine.

For everyday use the splitty is powered
by a 1955cc long block that was built in
California by Chico Performance Racing.


This beast produces 3,450lbs of thrust,
and uses 8.3 gallons of fuel per minute.


To find more about Oklahoma Willy, how
the truck was built, the engine and watch
some You Tube videos of the bus going
the 1/4 mile at Santa Pod Raceway, check
out the website here:

HOME (oklahomawilly.co.uk)



I can see my bus from here..!




My bus and James' bug.

Looking through my cab towards Oklahoma
Willy





So that was a brief review of the AVWOC monthly meet. There were many more VW's there, but they were water-cooled and as much as I like them ( I have one myself!) I try to keep the blog reviews air-cooled. Overall a good meet at a lovely dog friendly venue with nice people. Well worth a Sunday morning drive out.

No comments:

Post a Comment