On the Monday 25th May, which was a Bank Holiday here in the U.K. I headed over to South Oxfordshire and the village of Chalgrove, where a classic car show and May day festival was being held in memory of Matthew Marriage. Matthew sadly lost his life in 2023 in a car crash, and as classic cars was one of Matthews passions this car show is held to raise money for the Thames Valley Air Ambulance that attended to Matthew at the scene of the accident. Now in it's 3rd year the show continues to generate more and more interest each year with more and more classic vehicles turning up. The show is held in the grounds of 'The Lamb' pub where good food and drinks are available. The forecast was hot (33°c) so it promised to be a good turn out. So on the Monday morning Suzie and I headed off into the countryside.
To see all my other blog entries, go to 'My Blog Archive' to the left of this page. Simply click on an arrow for a particular year, then click on an arrow for a particular month, this will then give you a drop down menu with all the blog entries for that month.
| As we had a bit of a wait for vehicles to start arriving, I put the kettle on and had a cuppa, much to Suzie's disapproval. |
| View from my sliding door as I drink my tea. |
| It actually turned out to be a perfect place to be parked as I had a birds eye view of all the vehicles as they arrived. |
| Time for a walk around the show. |
| Lovely BMW 2002. |
| This 1969 Ford Cortina MK 2 was a real wolf in sheep's clothing. It looked pretty much standard until you saw the engine. |
| It had an immaculate Lotus 1557cc twin cam motor. |
| I saw this 'C' Type Jaguar at the Chiltern Hills Classic Car Show. |
| Basic interior, but everything you need. |
| Stunning Austin 16. |
| I did like the cool chrome spot light. |
| Immaculate Nash Metroplitan. |
| The Metropolitan was produced from 1954 to 1962 and interior clearly shows this. |
So that was the first of four instalments about this great little show. Next week will be part two where you'll be able to see plenty more British and American classic's as well as some cool VW's, so be sure to come back next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment