Saturday 21 September 2024

Blackthorn Classic Car Show (part 2 of 2)

Following on from last weeks blog review, here is part 2.

Blackthorn is a small picturesque village in Oxfordshire, and every year they hold the 'Blackthorn Classic Car Show'. This event started about 10 years ago and has gone from strength to strength by getting bigger and better, with more and more vehicles attending the show. There are the normal attractions including food stalls, trade stalls, kids entertainment and a rally experience where you get to ride in a rally car. I like this show as it's a laid back show so you can just arrive and park up, then relax.

(I've just checked out the Blackthorn Classic Car Show' webpage and to my surprise, down the bottom of the page is a small gallery showing the diversity of classic cars, and a photo of my bus is on there! Check it out:)                       Blackthorn Classic Car Show | Blackthorn, Bicester, UK

To see all my other blog entries, go to ‘My Blog Archive’ to the left of this page. Simply click on an arrow for a particular year, then click on an arrow for a particular month, this will then give you a drop down menu for all the blog entries for that month.

A lovely 1940 (I think) Ford Pick up that
looked stunning in gloss black.


My bus from a different angle.

Suzie waiting patiently as I have a quick
cup of tea and a rest.

The view though my sliding door window.

The view out of my rear window.

Suzie's had enough of waiting for me now,
she's giving me the lets go for a walk stare!.

I do like looking at the military vehicles
that attend these classic car shows.

A cool looking race prepped Triumph TR4.


A small but interesting bike assortment.

This Yamaha TY175 caught my eye, even
though it had a big dent in the tank, it still
looked nice.

Another 175cc Yamaha, this time it's a
DT175.

The original and by far the best Minis 
were plentiful at the show.

Very clean Karmann Ghia.


Stunning MK2 Ford Cortina belonging
to my mates dad.

So clean and so original.

Here's that gorgeous MK3 Cortina again,
he must be local as I saw this car at the
Brill car show the other week.

The more I see this car, the more I want 
another MK3 Cortina.


A gorgeous 1971 E-Type Jaguar.

V12 power crammed in the front of the
E-Type.

An immaculate 1974 Ford RS200. I did 
like the 4 huge Cibie (or similar) spot lights,
note how the to lower lights point outwards,
to light up the edge of the road.



Timeless design, the 1600cc Ford Capri.

I did like the colour combo on this 1954
Chevy pick up truck.



The show is very well attended each year.

My bus at the show.

Sat on the floor of the bus with the sliding
door open, this was my view. 

I attend many shows throughout the year,
 and I always put a polite notice on the
dashboard asking people not to touch
my bus. Most of the people that read the
 notice and either laugh, smile or take a photo
of it. It's nice to know I can make someone
smile and hopefully cheer them up.

So that was the 2025 Blackthorn show. Overall a fantastic little show. The number of classic vehicles seems to get more and more each year. The vibe is quite relaxed and the weather was sunny so overall a very good day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment