Sunday 29 September 2024

Wolfsburg Bus Crew 9th Birthday Bash 2024 (part 1 of 3)

Part 1 of 3.

Over the weekend of 6th - 8th September the 'Wolfsburg Bus Crew' held their annual crew camp out and Birthday bash, held at the Fir Tree Campsite in Banbury, Oxfordshire. This is the clubs 9th Birthday bash. The Wolfsburg Bus Crew is a club based in the U.K. (but they also have members worldwide) for owners of Volkswagen split screens, bay windows and T25's. The club attend numerous VW shows and events all year round and normally arrange a meeting place on the day so all the members attending can meet up and all cruise to the show together. The club is run by a guy called Rich, who works tirelessly to ensure the club runs smoothly, he's also responsible for the club merchandise, contacting numerous VW companies to ask for freebies for the club raffles and arranging club camping at shows and just about everything else you can think of. Check out their Facebook page here: Wolfsburg Bus Crew | Facebook  I couldn't attend the camp out for the whole weekend so I drove the 50 miles or so up to Banbury early on the Saturday morning to attend just for the day.

To see all my other blog entries, go to ‘My Blog Archive’ to the left of this page. Simply click on an arrow for a particular year, then click on an arrow for a particular month, this will then give you a drop down menu for all the blog entries for that month.

I arrived at the camp out around 10.00am
on the Saturday morning. The weather was
very overcast, but hopefully it will brighten
up later. Once parked up, it was time to
walk around and take some photos

As I wandered around the camp  site, it 
dawned on me how quiet the camp site
was, but after talking to a few friends who
had camped over on the Friday night they
said that most people were probably still
sleeping off the night before! (apparently
it had a party atmosphere with plenty of
drinking involved!)






My bus parked up in the day parking area.

Just in case it starts to rain, I decided to
put up my awning, and because I think
my home made awning looks cool.




Loving the stripes!







Some signs of life in the camp site as 
crew members begin to arise.














So that was the first instalment about the crew camp out. part 2 will be next week where you can see plenty more members cool buses.

No comments:

Post a Comment