Sunday 16 October 2011

Westy Interior




When I purchased the bus, it was a microbus
with the two rows of seats in the back.
Although this is fine for everyday use, I wanted
a camper interior so I checked out e-bay.
I found a Westfalia interior almost complete for sale
by a guy less than 10 miles away, and after a
phone call and a little bit of haggling it was mine!

The buddy seat didn't have a seat base so I have
temporally made one of of 3/4" chipboard. The table
is fixed to the side and just lays flat to the side
of the bus until the telescopic leg is in place

The overhead storage unit was simple to fit, it
bolts to the side / wardrobe unit on one side,
and fixes via a bracket to the side of the bus
on the other side.

The side / wardrobe unit is so simple to fit. It
has two hook type fittings the simply hook over
the sliding door edge, with an adjustable bolt
with another hook at the rear.

The 3/4 rock and roll bed was the trickiest to fit.
The brackets bolt through the cargo floor and you
should remove the petrol tank to get it right. I
didn't do this I made my own fittings which
still bolt through the floor but does not require
the engine / petrol tank being removed.

View of the back half of the side / wardrobe unit.

I think you'll agree very homely!. before I put
the interior in I insulated the sides and most
of the floor. We had our first night in the
bus at Brighton Breeze.. very warm and very
comfy. The curtains were a bit of a rush job
and made specifically for the Breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment