Saturday 16 July 2016

Just Kampers Open Day 2016. (part 2 of 3)

Welcome to part 2 of the Just Kampers open day review. Whether your into Volkswagen's, classic cars, hot rods or any other specific vehicle, you will no doubt have you're favourite parts supplier, that special place to get all the numerous parts and accessories you need to keep your pride and joy on the road, and as an owner of an 1969 early bay and a slightly newer T4 I am no different. My favourite parts supplier is Just Kampers based in Odiham in Hampshire here in the U.K. They are my favourite supplier simply because the prices are very competitive, the customer service is extremely good with very knowledgeable and helpful staff and and any parts ordered are normally in stock and always sent out for next day delivery (and normally with a free small packet of sweets!). The website is also a bonus as it's so easy to navigate and find what you want. I think I'm right in saying that every year Just Kampers hold an open day with weekend camping available. The open day which this year was held on Saturday 11th June at the Just Kampers headquarters, with camping available on the Saturday night. These open days attract hundreds of customers / visitors in their prized Volkswagen's of all descriptions, and also traders and caterers which all help to make this open day, a great day.! I had heard of this event in the past, and attended the open day for the first time last year so this year I decided to have another drive down into deepest Hampshire to the village of Odiham, which is about 60 miles from my hometown of Aylesbury. I put a post on Facebook saying about this event but for some reason none of my VW buddies seemed interested in attending, so on the Saturday morning as the sun was shining I put some cool tunes on the stereo and Fiona (my early bay) and I set off. Just Kampers do not only sell parts and accessories for campers and buses but also Beetle parts, camping gear and even motor insurance. You can check out the the easy to use Just Kampers website here: http://www.justkampers.com/ The blog continues as I wander around the open day admiring all the vehicles.
To see all my other blog entries, go to ‘My Blog Archive’ to the left of this page. Simply click on an arrow for a particular year, then click on an arrow for a particular month, this will then give you a drop down menu for all the blog entries for that month.


This gorgeous Porsche 356 speedster may
have been a replica, but it certainly stood out
at the Just Kampers open day. The attention
to detail and the overall finish was amazing.

The 356 body sits on top of a 1972 IRS chassis
which is tax exempt. The lovely chocolate

coloured paint is so well applied and looks
 fantastic. All the trim and accessories look 
'just right' .

The interior of the 356 has a simplistic beauty
about it.

The 356 speedster is such a beautiful car with
flowing body lines as the picture shows. This

really is an iconic shape that will never go out
of fashion.

This 356 has a 1600cc motor with twin carbs
that has only covered 900 miles so far. The gold
Porsche script badges suit the brown paint. It
also has a very cool number plate. This lovely

356 replica was for sale for the very reasonable
price of £19,995 ($26, 481 approx)

A better look inside the 356. The wood steering
wheel and Empi shifter along with the race style
gauges look just about right.

This very retro looking 1972 late bay looked
great with it's striped pop top and side trim.
The mesh screen visor was also another neat
addition that suited the retro look of this bay.

The side trim looks pure 1950's and I love it.
I have no idea what it's off or maybe it's home
made but it did look good.

This super clean 1971 bay looked immaculate.
It's a shame to see the owner felt the need to
put the wheel clamp on his bus for the weekend
but there are some nasty people around, and
you can't be too careful with your pride and joy.

I think this lovely clean bus was a U.S. import,
although I could be wrong. I did like the colour
matched bumpers that helped the clean look.

This low 1967 beetle was super straight and
finished to a very high standard. I had a '67
bug, although mine was no where as clean
as this one. The chrome towel rail bumpers
complimented the blue paint perfectly.

This really was a nice clean bug. The white
wheels with chrome hubcaps against the jet
black tyres help to make this bug stand out.

Buses parked up in the camping area at Just
Kampers. I do like to see a standard height bus,
I know the trend is to lower them, as mine is,
but I think they look 'right' at the standard height. 

I did like this white over green 1964 splitty, 
that was parked up at the open day. I'm not
sure what attracted me to this iconic bus, maybe
it was the clean and straight body, or maybe 
it was the chrome radar wheels?

I did like the 3 bow roof rack which suited the
bus and must come in handy for all the camping

accessories you need for a weekend away. 

Another bus that was riding at standard height,
maybe the trend is changing from the lowered
ride height back to standard height ride?.

This lovely solid looking 1970 U.S. imported
early bay looked cool. It looks like it still has
the original paint, which is not that unusual
for an imported bus. I do like those yellow
headlight lenses and the chrome bumpers.

This old bus had a few scrapes and knocks
but every knock tells a story and it doesn't
detract from the real beauty of this bay. 

I do like to see original stickers on imported
buses and this bay had a lovely 'Mo's Bakery'
sticker still on it's rear window.

On the rear hatch this bay had one of these
'Hide a Tie' which I'm sure would be handy for
something, someday.

It's unusual to see the darker colour on the top
 of a two tone colour scheme, but the black over
grey paint on this lovely 1975 late bay proves
it works really well.

The Empi 5 spoke wheels are a favourite choice
of wheels for Volkswagen owners, and it's
easy to see why as they look so good. This
was another very clean and straight bus.

This white over olive green 1978 Dormobile
looked good with it's matching olive and white 
roof canvas. This was another very clean
and straight bus that attended the open day.

This 1974 white over pastel yellow Devon bay
looked great. It's colour scheme made this bay
look so smooth and sleek. The BRM wheels
(I think) and the chrome headlight peaks were
nice additions as were the clear indicator lenses.

A very nice looking 1970 imported early bay.
Again yet another bus at standard height, this
white over deep red bus looked super straight.

You can see how straight this bay is from the
reflection along the side of the bus. The all
red rear light lenses blended in with the body
colour perfectly.

Another clean and straight bus was this 1970
white over baby blue early bay. It looked as 
though the owners were still asleep so I quietly 
crept around taking these photos, well it was 
still quite early in the morning.

This really was a nice clean bay, I did like that
big silencer tucked up under the rear bumper.

This 1969 white over pastel yellow early bay
 panel van has featured several times before
on my blog, but that's OK, as it looks so cool.

I do like panel vans, and when they are painted
 in my favourite colour, yellow, well that's even

better. This is one cool van.

Arrive at the Just Kampers open day, set up
the awning and relax. This really was a chilled
out weekend.

A lovely T25 Karmann Gipsy. These Gipsy's
are quite rare as Karmann only made 778
Gipsy's on the T25 chassis, and there are only
287 still known to have survived according to
the Karmann register.

I'm not sure if this one is registered or not, but
I hope so. This was a really clean example with
numerous 'extra's' including roof box and bike
rack. I'd really like one of these...

Another photo looking into the camping area
at Just Kampers open day. From all the reviews
I have heard about the camping I think it was
a very chilled out weekend.

This 1975 beetle certainly stood out amongst
the hundreds of Volkswagen's at the open day
with it's super bright yellow paint. 

This bug was so clean and had some neat
accessories including the twin spot lights on
the chrome bumper, the chrome headlight
peaks, the fun taxi sign on the roof and the
screen visor.

This bug actually sat quite low which added to
it's cool look. You can see from this photo just
how clean this bug was.

This 1978 turquoise and white late bay was
another extremely clean bus. Again riding at
stock height and with colour coded Empi 5 
spoke wheels this bus stood out.

A lovely straight bus in a lovely colour, what
else do you need?

Another late bay to finish off this weeks blog
review, this time it's a white over bright orange
1972 bay, with contrasting red painted steel
wheels with white wall tryes.

A lovely straight bus that looked so solid with
a lovely two tone colour scheme.

So that was my second instalment of my blog
review about the Just Kampers open day 2016.
If you missed part one, you can find in 'My Blog
Archive' at the top left of this page. Part three of
my review will be next Saturday, where you can
see plenty more air-cooled rides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment